Friday, March 1, 2013

Joy

Today I am in full realization that you make your life what it is. I'm not talking about circumstances, because we can't help all of those, but about the joy you feel in all circumstances.

It's funny how my life has become far more complicated, and yet so much easier all at the same time. The job Mark started back in November has crazy hours. I am pretty much a single mom most of the week and I have really had to adjust to this new life at home. And yet, our move to a new city managed to free up my time. Getting away from the hustle and bustle that I was in has literally changed everything. I haven't made new friends yet, and I don't have a time-eating volunteer position any more. So my time, well it's all for the kids, the house, and I am always available. My priorities have completely changed, and to be honest, taking care of three kids without a lot of help has soaked up all of that extra time anyways. I work a little during the week on my computer, but I am never bored. I am filled.

Every day I remind myself not to worry. I tell myself not to worry that I haven't made friends yet (let alone talked to more than two people). I tell myself not to worry that I haven't found a church yet. I tell myself not to worry about money. And I don't worry about it. Why? Because God WILL provide. God is not going to open a door, let me walk through, and not provide. If He sends me here, in His time I will have new friends, a church home, and everything else that I need. I know that. God is a loving God, but for any one to believe that things will be easy is a joke. God purposely doesn't hand over everything that you need all in one lump. What could we possibly learn from that? What could we possibly give from that? God has a plan and that plan will lie out as He sees fit.

I find that it's best to find joy in the imperfections. Of course I have bad days where I'm ready to throw in the towel. I yell at the kids more than I should. I feel down. But the best thing to do is find joy in the gifts God gives. I love this house we are living in. I love the weather outside. I love our new little life here, even if there are some holes missing. And I feel joy in all of this. Every day when I wake up and walk downstairs, I look around, and see that God has placed a blessing in our lives that is part of His plan. And knowing that I am on His journey for my life has been the most rewarding feeling I have ever felt in my faith, despite all of the things that are still missing.

My exhausted, lonely heart is full of joy!


 

1 comment:

  1. This is me right now. I was a tad stressed and over whelmed today. Done living in a hotel, done living in the same room as my kid for the last month. Stressed from being very pregnant, getting pretty sick and then having a few scares the last few weeks. Counting the moments until we are in our new house, surrounded by people I will not be able to converse easily with. Knowing how easy it is to become isolated where I am now. So I let myself cry a little and then told myself it will all work out, I will be fine and I will make friends, I will be productive and I will enjoy my life overseas again. :)

    ReplyDelete